Advanced Directives (Living Will/DNRs/Etc.)
A Living Will allows you to designate specific treatments that you do not wish to have when you become terminally ill or permanently unconscious. In the absence of a Living Will, your medical provider will provide all treatments deemed necessary to keep you alive, even if the quality of your life will not improve. See the resources below to learn more.
This section contains links that offer information about Living Wills in Arkansas. There are pdf fact sheets, sample forms and interactive forms below.
FACT SHEETS & LEGAL INFORMATION
- Fact Sheet - Living Will
- Fact Sheet - Organ Donation
- Fact Sheet - Instructions: Durable Power of Attorney
- Form - Durable Power of Attorney. Print and fill out this form to grant someone power of attorney in the event you become incapacitated.
FORMS & COURT INFORMATION
- Interactive Form - Living Will. Use this interactive form to create a living will.
- Sample Form - Living Will (PDF)
OTHER RESOURCES (Other Websites)
- ARKANSAS LAW - Arkansas Code - Unannotated (LexisNexis)
- Website - American Bar Association Toolkit for Health Care Advance Planning
We are providing this information as a public service. We try to make it accurate. Sometimes the laws change. We cannot promise that the information is always up-to-date and correct.
We do not intend this information to be legal advice. We do not intend it as advertising or solicitation. By providing this information, we are not acting as your lawyer. Always talk to a competent lawyer, if you can, before taking legal action.
Some of the items listed here have not been prepared by us, but rather are links to information prepared and posted by others. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information posted on these sites.
|FORM - Durable Power of Attorney (PDF)||73.17 KB|
|Fact Sheet - Durable Power of Attorney HealthCare (PDF)||164.7 KB|
ATTENTION! If you have had your Medicaid/HCIP benefits terminated or have applied for Medicaid/HCIP and have not received a decision, please contact our Helpline for possible assistance. Learn More >>.
1-800-9 LAW AID
Help meet the overwhelming need for access to the justice system for moderate-income individuals and increase your business while serving lower income clients.
What now? After you get your resource visit CourtHelp™ to learn about the court process.